Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Coming Out


So, today I was sitting in the refectory at work with my friend, Maureen and her close colleague (and my friend too) and Maureen and I were talking about our experience at Chillingham Castle last weekend. I found it really interesting watching Marc's reaction. He was very polite and seemed genuinely interested but slightly skeptical. Marc, I presume, has never had any creepy or spooky experiences. While we were chatting I was almost stepping back and looking on at the situation and thinking what it must sound like to someone who just hasn't had those experiences.

I've certainly found out in the past that you've got to be slightly careful as to whom you speak when you're on about the paranormal. Sometimes people are very dismissive and occasionally very rude about their lack of belief. It is a bit like coming out as gay I guess. It's a sort of secret that you feel you can only share with certain people for fear of their reaction being negative.
I didn't feel for a second that Marc was being dismissive or scoffing in any way but just think how weird it must seem to someone when two people are simply certain that strange things that go bump in the night when all common sense says that they don't. Luckily for us, neither Maureen or I are what you'd call normal so we're safe on that score!
Fantastic picture, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment