After a full lifetime knowing, not just believing but KNOWING that there's such things as the paranormal in the ghostly context and working very hard indeed to try to block it out and wanting nothing to do with it, I've found that during the last two years or so I've had no option but to embrace the fact that I seem to attract 'em!
I don't really know where to start this blog, should it be most recent experiences first or should it be the earliest experiences first?
What I do want to discuss is the very basic point of whether any experience that could be referred to as paranormal is actually that or just perfectly natural electromagnetic fields affecting the brain. Isn't there a lot of research regarding sensory depravation and tests on the sensitivity of people's temporal lobes? It seems to ring a bell with me somewhere from the dim and distant.

Now, I'm not a scientist,.. at all! What does interest me primarily is whether there is a way to explain away all of the many hundreds of experiences I've had throughout my 34 years of life. Without exception, whenever I've just had or am having a psychic encounter, I try to think if there's a more rational reason for it. Being absolutley honest, there have been several instances that I could and did easily explain away and was able to realise that I was just spooking myself. By far the most overwhelming thing is that I can't explain most of the experiences. I can appreciate that you might feel as though someone's watching you or you might feel as though you're not alone. I'm sure you can pick up those feelings from suggestion, group hysteria, group dynamics, individual suggestion and the list goes on as well as the hypersensitivity of the temporal lobes. What I do need to try to work out is how you can go into a house, have no knowledge or pre-suppositions of haunting or not and then not only sense something but be able to describe the appearance and/or character of a perceived entity and even be able to communicate with it and pick up accurate information from that.
I'll stop here for now and as the days, weeks, months or years go by, I'll add more thoughts and theories and try to show evidence both for AND against the existence of ghosts and leave it to you to decide whether I'm psychic on some level, easily deluded, nuts, or something else. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything; I'm just discussing my personal experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment